The Yukon Native Language Centre, in partnership with the Salish School of Spokane, is excited to offer Paul Creek Curriculum Training!
Dates: April 3 – 6, 2023
Times: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (April 3 – 5) and 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (April 6)
Location: Will be sent in the registration confirmation email
REGISTRATION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
- Training participants will gain an understanding of effective community language revitalization strategies and how they relate to the effort to revitalize Yukon indigenous languages;
- Training participants will gain a basic understanding of the constituent components and approaches of the Salish Fluency Transfer System and Curriculum developed by the Salish School of Spokane and The Paul Creek Language Association and will gain insight into how they can adapt this system for other Indigenous languages and cultures;
- Training participants will gain an understanding of the communicative approach and direct acquisition teaching techniques in language acquisition instruction;
- Training participants will learn about specific approaches and direct acquisition teaching activities that are used to deliver lessons from the first two texts of the Salish Curriculum Project and Fluency Transfer System to empower full immersion instruction and fuel learner fluency;
- Training participants will learn about the procedures and techniques used to convert and adapt materials from the Salish Fluency Transfer System and Curriculum for their own indigenous languages and cultures;
- Training participants will have the opportunity to receive feedback on their own immersion language instruction using direct acquisition instructional activities.
*This training is not offered in a specific Yukon First Nations language but is meant to help the various languages on developing immersion-based language learning.
REGISTRATION OPEN FEBRUARY 28 – MARCH 20, 2023.
Registration is now closed for the 2023 Paul Creek Curriculum Training.