With guidance from our Elders, Yukon First Nation Leadership and our Citizens, YNLC will strive to adhere to and achieve the strategic objectives and actions of the YNLC 2018-2021 Strategic Plan.
Babies are learning their traditional language as their first language in the
home and intergenerational transmission is restored.
- Language must live in the home, with families and throughout the community
- Language is connected to cultural vitality, land, identity, health and success in life
- Language learning is lifelong, holistic and across all sectors of society
YNLC supports YFNs with language revitalization by providing training, capacity building, technical expertise, advocacy and being a central repository for all to access and use.
- YNLC will respect the self-governing rights and respective language initiatives of YFNs
- YNLC programs and services will be based on YFN priorities for language revitalization
- YNLC will be community driven and YFN controlled
- YNLC will advocate for YFN languages
News and Events